Healthbox, a business accelerator for healthcare startups announced the opening of its applications to the accelerator program for its inaugural class. Visit http://www.healthboxaccelerator.com/apply/ to apply. The program has an early application deadline of September 30, 2011 and a final deadline of October 16, 2011.
As one of the first healthcare startup accelerators in the country, Healthbox aims to support 10 early-stage healthcare companies that are not yet ready for venture capital. The 10 selected participants in the program will receive $50,000 in seed capital and access to industry mentors, investors, and entrepreneurs. The program will be hosted in a collaborative workspace in Chicago from January 2012 to April 2012.
Healthbox has signed-up an impressive list of strategic partners for the program, including BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners, Walgreens, Ridgeview Medical Center, the California HealthCare Foundation, Merrick Ventures, and a number of successful healthcare investors and entrepreneurs.
Not sure if Healthbox is right for your healthcare startup? Visit with some of the Healthbox team at networking events in September and October in key cities around the country. The next events are:
- Nashville – Sept. 22nd, 5:30-7:30 pm at the Sunset Grill, 2001 Belcourt Avenue
- Boston – Sept. 28th, 6:00-8:00 pm at athenahealth, 311 Arsenal St (Watertown)
- Atlanta – Sept. 29th, 5:30-8:00 pm at The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC), 75 5th Street, NW, 3rd Floor Hodges Room
- Chicago – Oct. 4th, 5:30-7:30 pm at Kirkland & Ellis, 300 N. LaSalle
- Minneapolis – Oct. 5th, 6:00-8:00 pm at the Hazeltine Golf Club, 1900 Hazeltine Blvd (Chaska)
If you are interested in attending a Healthbox event, please email email@example.com, and provide your name, company and the location of the event you’d like to attend.
For additional information about the Healthbox program, applications and upcoming events, visit www.healthboxaccelerator.com.